13 Dog-Friendly Patios in Des Moines
Updated: Aug 25, 2021
#deetzfam, meet Stanzi! We toured around Des Moines to find spots that love our pups just as much as we do! Looking for dog-friendly patios in Des Moines? We've got 'em all.
Here are 13 of the top dog-friendly patios in Des Moines!
Coa Cantina. Tequila and puppies, what more could you ask for?! Bring your four-legged friend with you and sit on the patio!
Lua Brewing. This aesthetically-pleasing patio in Historic Sherman Hill is the perfect place to enjoy a nice evening out with your dog! Water bowls are provided so no one goes thirsty!
Smash Park. Every Thursday through the summer months Smash Park holds an Ulti-Mutt Happy Hour, featuring half off happy hour offerings from 3-9PM. Treats, water bottles, and free swag are available! Stanzi won all-natural treats and a squeaky ball he destroyed in one night (LOL). Can't make it on Thursday? Don't worry, dogs are always welcome on the patio!
4. Snookie's Malt Shop. Get some ice cream for yourself, and a puppy cone for your bestie!! With only outdoor seating, your pup is welcome any day of the week!
5. Bar Louie. This patio has the perfect amount of shade for those toasty afternoons out on the town. Staff provides milk bones and so much love for your dog, they'll never want to leave!
6. Whiskey River. Head over to Ankeny to check out this fun spot. The best part? The have a dog-friendly patio! Come check out their wide selection of menu options.
7. Clyde's Fine Diner. Check out this vegan-friendly restaurant with the best vibes and delicious options! Your four-legged friend is welcome on the patio, and staff offers bowls of water.
8. Gazali's. Two words: puppy. menu. You read that right! This Mediterranean eatery serves up gyros, falafel, and so much more for you, and chicken bowls, gyro bowls, and so much more for your dog. Nobody is leaving hungry!
9. Exile. A brewery that welcomes dogs is a brewery I love, and Exile is no exception! Stanzi took his first trip to a brewery, and it's safe to say, he is a people person. The staff gave him so much love, and provided a water bowl while we had happy hour beers!
10. Captain Roy's. This spot on the river is the perfect summer afternoon spot for you and your pooch! Take a walk on the Neil Smith Trail leading right up to this patio. With a food truck and patio, the view can't get any better!
11. Gilroy's Kitchen + Pub + Patio. This American-inspired restaurant offers plenty of outdoor seating options, and loves puppy visitors. Staff provides water and puppy treats for all four-legged customers!
12. Confluence Brewing. This brewery near Gray's Lake is the perfect out-of-the-way spot to take your dog! With food trucks nearly every evening, there's always something new to try. Plus, you're within walking distance of your pup's new favorite place to run.
13. Kinship Brewery. This is a brewery and dog park all in one location!! Stop inside and grab a
beer, and then head outside to the fully-fenced dog park where your pup can run themselves sleepy. A waiver must be filled out prior to entering the park!
Looking for more dog-friendly patios?
Find more patios near you on the free deetz app (deetzapp.com)!